Residence permit for studying purpose is issued  for those  who will be studying  on a full-time  basis in an accredited  secondary  or higher educational  institution  or participating  in a preparatory  course for enrollment  with the higher education  institution  organized  by that institution in Hungary.

•Certificate of admission to or enrollment in the educational institution;

•Birth certificate (certified and transleted);

•Proof of English language ability;

•Confirmation of prearranged accommodation (commercial accommodation,  student home or lease agreement  along with the deed of owenrship);

•Proof of sufficient financial means for the duration of the intended stay (bank account statements of all accounts up  to  6 months, scholarship,  grant or sponsor’s  pay slip up to 6 months and declaration of financial support);

•Provide proof of having access to comprehensive health insurance services;

•Conditions of exit. Moreover, a minor third-country national shall provide proof that his/her parent or legal representative gave permission for his/her stay in Hungary, for the duration of the planned stay. Parental consent may be evidenced by a statement executed in a private document representing conclusive evidence or an authentic instrument, with Hungarian or English translation.

Application Form

For more information please visit: Residence Permit for the Purpose of Study