Residence permit for the purpose of scientific research is issued for those who will conduct scientific research in Hungary based on an agreement with a research institution.

•Proof of enrollment in the research institution, international, bilateral agreement, international scholarship or assistance program of Hungary;

•Research institution’s guarantee for covering expatriation costs arising from researcher’s potential overstay in Hungary;

•Proof of sufficient financial means for the duration of the intended stay (bank account statements of all accounts up to three months, scholarship grant, pay slip up to 6 months or sponsor’s pay slip up to 6 months and declaration of financial support);

•Confirmation of prearranged accommodation (research institution accommodation, commercial accommodation or lease agreement along with the deed of owneship form);

•Travel insurance for at least the first 30 days of stay (minimum coverage shall be EUR 30 000);


Application Form